Sunday, April 15, 2012

Caring to share...

Scroll down to read older posts first...

 One of my favorite readings in the bible is from Psalm 121, especially when I read it in first person. Let me share...

Psalm 121 

I look up to the mountains—
    does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth!
He will not let me stumble;
    the one who watches over me will not slumber.
Indeed, he who watches over Israel
    never slumbers or sleeps.
The Lord himself watches over me!
    The Lord stands beside me as my protective shade.
The sun will not harm me by day,
    nor the moon at night.
The Lord keeps me from all harm
    and watches over my life.
The Lord keeps watch over me as I come and go,
    both now and forever.   (NIV) http://www.biblegateway.com/passage
 Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

In the first verse where it says "I look up to the mountains--", as people; I think, often we look to the things we consider "big" in our world, could be the government, priest, pastor, mate or money! But those are not the things that will give us the answers that we really need! Our answers come from Christ alone. He is the one who took our sins to the cross and there died with them upon Him; He took the sins of the whole world when He hung on that cross! Whether we believe in Him or not, and that is what He came here for. He came to take away our sins; past, present and future so that we may have a right relationship with the LORD. It is the LORD (God in heaven) who used Jesus to speak to those while He was on earth and to teach us the way to Him. Also, He ordained the written word for us to be able to get and stay connected to Him on a regular basis.
 Galatians 1:11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ. (NKJV)

If you don't know Christ as your gateway to the LORD, I encourage you to read the book of John in the New Testament and also the book of Romans. Romans 3:19 - 6 (all) is especially helpful. Most of you have probably heard the term "born again", but it is not just a name we made up; it is a command from the Lord in John 3:

John 3 (NKJV)



The New Birth

There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”  (italics added by author)

It's so easy when you open your mind and your heart to this possibility that this is the truth! If you read and are open to this, ask Jesus to forgive you and request Him to become the leader of your heart and life. Self-change prior to this is not necessary. Then find a good bible believing and teaching church to fellowship in.

Two of my spiritual mentors for many years have been my sister, Ruth Ann and my very good friend, Shelley. They both have shown me love, care and how to live a good christian life. My sister is the tougher of the two, she's the one that tells me that I am not doing something that I should be and risks the chance of hurting our relationship in order to help me see what needs to be changed in my life. She is not perfect, though; and it's okay, I've turned those tables a time or two! (chuckle) But it's for our betterment and we know that. We've been through a lot of ups and downs and it's made our relationship stronger. We are not just sisters by blood but through our faith have become even closer. 

Then there is my friend Shelley, who's shown me always grace and love plus caring, giving and such a generous heart. There was a time, after Scott died, that Jonathan and I went to see her. He husband was away at a business meeting and she gave up her master bedroom suite for me! I was just luxuriated in this cocoon of comfort and tranquility and peace that just overwhelmed me. Her generosity is boundless and it is through her love of Christ that enables her to be as generous and loving as she is. She is having her own health issues for longer than I have been dealing with CIDP, so we pray a lot for one another and no matter how our health situations turn out we know we will meet again in heaven and will continue our friendship there. 

My husband, Eddie, is another gentle soul who inspires me to be a better person. His strength and beliefs are built on the solid rock of Christ. He is just as he should be for me and treats others and myself with respect and love that shows the Jesus in him. He's not perfect either, as none of us are. I pray that my son, Jonathan, has seen enough of a good example while living at our home in the past and having had his earlier years filled with God's word, that he becomes the man God has intended.

To those who may know the Lord, but have perhaps backslid; please let me share this with you from The Message: 

Hebrews 4

 1-3For as long, then, as that promise of resting in him pulls us on to God's goal for us, we need to be careful that we're not disqualified. We received the same promises as those people in the wilderness, but the promises didn't do them a bit of good because they didn't receive the promises with faith. If we believe, though, we'll experience that state of resting. But not if we don't have faith. Remember that God said,

   Exasperated, I vowed,
      "They'll never get where they're going,
      never be able to sit down and rest."  3-7God made that vow, even though he'd finished his part before the foundation of the world. Somewhere it's written, "God rested the seventh day, having completed his work," but in this other text he says, "They'll never be able to sit down and rest." So this promise has not yet been fulfilled. Those earlier ones never did get to the place of rest because they were disobedient. God keeps renewing the promise and setting the date as today, just as he did in David's psalm, centuries later than the original invitation:
   Today, please listen,
      don't turn a deaf ear . . .
 8-11And so this is still a live promise. It wasn't canceled at the time of Joshua; otherwise, God wouldn't keep renewing the appointment for "today." The promise of "arrival" and "rest" is still there for God's people. God himself is at rest. And at the end of the journey we'll surely rest with God. So let's keep at it and eventually arrive at the place of rest, not drop out through some sort of disobedience.
 12-13God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon's scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God's Word. We can't get away from it—no matter what. (Colored and italicized added by author.)

It is time to get right with the LORD for all peoples. The time of judgement is coming soon, be it at our own deaths or when Christ returns!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I so wish this could be shared and commented on in another form where you do not have to SIGN IN USE A PASSWORD ETC!

    ReplyDelete